24 January 2007

Ginger Tea

Imagine waking up on cold winter mornings and sipping hot ginger tea…. the aroma of ginger blending with the fragrance of the tea and the warmth of the tea cup in your hands….. Divine isn't it? Ginger tea, ideal for winters, is said to keep away colds, sore throats and fever. It also relieves nausea and aids digestion.

Ginger tea is regular at my place especially in winters. Here's how I make it:

Ingredients:
¾ cup water
1 heaped spoon ginger minced
1 tsp tea leaves
½ cup milk
2 tsp sugar

Pound the ginger with a pestle. Heat the water in a saucepan on a medium flame. Add the ginger and let it simmer for atleast 10 minutes till a nice aroma wafts from the saucepan. Then add tea, sugar and milk and allow it to boil once. Simmer for a minute and take off from the stove. Strain the tea into a cup and serve immediately.
My entry to JFI-Ginger hosted by Rosie.

6 comments:

Rosie said...

The weather here in the Uk is cold and miserable, this is just what we need to warm us up. Thank you for contributing this recipe to JFI-Ginger

Unknown said...

Good cup ginger tea makes a cold winter day a lot better...:))
Nice entry for JFI...

TNL said...

Nice entry! I too love Ginger tea on Cold mornings...I also add some cardamom powder to my ginger tea.

Cheers.

FH said...

I love any Tea with anything! Love the color.Enjoy.Great entry btw!

J said...

@Rosie :Thankyou for including my entry to JFI-Ginger
@Maheshwari,Asha : Thanks
@TRS :Thanks. I also add cardamom powder to my ginger tea if I'm using Red Label tea, but here I used Lipton's Earl Grey Tea with ginger. Try it, I luv it!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone watch BIGG BOSS on sony tv. every morning ravi makes ginger tea for everyone. The tea boils and boils and boils and is thick , orange and sweet.. its almost as if you can taste it.
Vinita