21 January 2007

Arbi ki sabzi

Arbi/ arvi/ colocassia/ chembu/ alu is a potato like tuber. Like potato it can be peled and boiled, roasted, mashed, fried in slices or cooked in a stew. The very sight of arbi makes my fingers itch! Its more psychological than real!! But as arbi happens to be one of my husband's fave veggies, I do make it once in a while.


Some people are allergic to arbi, so be sure to rub some oil into your hands before touching the arbi.


Ingredients:

1 big onion sliced
¼ kg arvi/ colocassia
1 tsp jeera
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp dhania powder
½ tsp amchur/ mango powder
2 tsp oil
Salt as per taste
Chopped coriander for garnishing

Wash and peel the arbi thoroughly. Cut the arbi into long slices. Peel and cut onion into slices. In a wok, heat some oil and add the arbi and onion and sautee for a minute. Add all the spices and cover and cook on a slow flame. It will be done in 5-8 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.

My entry to My Dhaba's VCC: VCC Q4-2006: FAHC: FAHC-campaign

4 comments:

Shella said...

Simple recipe. Incidentally i have some arbi all cleaned & sliced & I think I will give your recipe a try.

Will let you know how it worked out. I generally make arbi the curd gravy way.

J said...

Perfect occassion to try this! Let me know how it turned!

Anonymous said...

got you on google search! and my fingers did itch like crazy! but its all worth it, it was very tasty..!

Anonymous said...

i got frozen arbi today and want to make nice arbi as my husband lykes it. so searched on google and found ur gud one ,gonna make now lets see how it goes.thanx