24 September 2006

Palak Puri

I learnt this from a cousin and is really lip-smacking! I like it spicy which is why I use a lot of chillies in this recipe.

Ingredients:
Palak/Spinach – 2 bunches
Wheat flour – 2 glasses
Gram flour/Besan – 1 glass
Garlic – 4-5 flakes
Green chillies – 10 nos.
Jeera – 2 tsp
Coriander seeds – 3 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

Method:
Wash the spinach thoroughly and blanch with some salt for 3-4 mins. Drain, cool and puree it without adding water. Grind together garlic, jeera, coriander seeds, green chillies coarsely. Sieve the wheat flour and besan together. Add to it the ground mixture, spinach puree, salt and haldi. Knead into a dough without adding too much water. Stand for half an hour. Make small balls out of the dough and roll into small discs. Fry the puris in hot oil. Serve hot.

1 comment:

Kamya said...

Hi Jyothsana , you have a really wonderful blog here ...and today I tried Palak-puri in my breakfast . It really came out great and was too yummy .Thanks for posting such lovely dishes . I read all your blogs , you write really nice...I am new to blogging and recently started a Cooking blog http://smokingchimneys.blogspot.com/
please visit my blog , i would love to have suggestions and comments from you and will be motivated by them !! Thanks